For many, finding reliable places from which to learn Islam can be difficult. For this reason, The Qarawiyyin Project has collated a list of a few great resources that are available for free online. We are always adding to this list so if you have any suggestions, get in touch with us via email: email@example.com
Online courses & seminaries:
- Seekershub: “SeekersHub Global Islamic Seminary provides reliable, engaging online courses with qualified scholars—completely free.”
- The Quran Initiative: An institute based in London with the aim of developing “skills in leadership, study regimes, time management, work ethics based on the values in the Qur’an”, with numerous courses streamed for free online.
- Ebrahim College: An institute dedicated to studying Islamic ilm, Ebrahim College provides numerous free online courses
- Safina Society: Free on-demand courses for learning Tajwid and the Arabic alphabet, in addition to other paid courses.
- Kiflayn: They “offer courses year-round in English & Arabic, and serve students of varying levels from beginners to advanced students of knowledge.”
- ZamZam Academy: “ZamZam Academy was established in 2003 to help disseminate knowledge of the Islamic Sciences (such as Aqeedah, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, Tafseer, and Hadith) online.”
- Zaynab Academy Online: An online institute for women that offers degree courses in English and Urdu.
- Maryam Institute: An online institute for women that offers degree and alma courses in English and Urdu
- AlKauthar Institute: “The AlKauthar curriculum is divided into the following faculties: theology, jurisprudence, Quranic studies, Prophetic traditions, history, and personal development.”
- Islamic Online University Free Diploma: “The free General Diploma in Islamic Studies courses are designed to provide a systematic and organized study experience for knowledge seekers.” IOU also offers Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees.
- Aqidah Tahawiyyah: This is a course Shaykh Hamzah Maqbul teaches on the Aqidah Tahawiyyah, a short text that details the essential creed of ahl-us-sunnah. Shaykh Hamzah’s SoundCloudhas other great lectures as well.
- ZamZam Academy has multiple series on SoundCloud including:
- Qalam Podcast: multiple series from Qalam Institute including:
- Safina Society Podcast with Dr. Shadee Elmasry. Also on iTunes.
- Nur Institute: series and individual talks by Shaykh Tameem Ahmadi.
- Various series & individual lectures on the Zaytuna College YouTube channel.
- Recorded lessons of Shaykh Salek Bin Siddina on aqidah, fiqh, and tafsir.
- Shaykh Yasir Qadhi’s popular Seerah series on Youtube.
- Yaqeen Institute Youtube channel: Multiple series and individual lectures including The Faith Revival series.
Publications and organisations:
- Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research: Yaqeen publishes research papers and articles on various topics including Islamic history, Islamophobia, and proofs of Islam.
- Renovatio: The journal of Zaytuna College.
- American Journal of Islamic Social Sciences: AJISS is published by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT). The entire journal is only available through paid subscription but many of the papers are available to download on the website.
Corpus.quran.com: an annotated linguistic resource which shows the Arabic grammar, syntax and morphology for each word in the Holy Quran.
Almaany.com: Online dictionary including English-Arabic, Arabic-English, and other languages.
Sunnah.com: An online listing of all the major books of Hadith, with texts provided in English and Arabic, as well as their authenticity grading
Dua For Seeking Knowledge:
اللهم علمني ما ينفعني وانفعني بما علمتني وزدني علماً
Allahumma infa’nii bimaa ‘allamtanii wa’allimnii maa yanfa’uunii
Oh Allah! Make useful for me what you have taught me and teach me knowledge
اللهم إني أسألك فهم النيبين وحفظ المرسلين
Allahumma inii as’aluka fahmal-nabiyyen was hifzal mursaleen al muqarrabeen
That will be useful to me. Oh Allah! I ask you for the understanding of the Prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to You.
اللهم لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلاً وأنت تجعل الحزن إذا شئت سهلاً
Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja’altahu sahla wa anta taj’alu al hazna idha shi’ta sahla
Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy