For many, finding reliable places from which to learn about Islam can be difficult. For this reason, The Qarawiyyin Project has collated a list of a few great resources that are available for free online. We are always adding to this list, so if you have any suggestions, get in touch with us via email: email@example.com
Online courses & seminaries:
- SeekersGuidance: “SeekersGuidance Global Islamic Seminary offers online courses from beginners to advanced, with qualified scholars, completely free.”
- The Quran Initiative: An institute based in London with the aim of developing “skills in leadership, study regimes, time management, work ethics based on the values in the Qur’an”, with numerous courses streamed for free online.
- Ebrahim College: An institute dedicated to disseminating Islamic knowledge, Ebrahim College provides numerous free online courses.
- Safina Society: Free on-demand courses for learning Tajwid and the Arabic alphabet, in addition to other paid courses.
- Kiflayn: They “offer courses year-round in English & Arabic, and serve students of varying levels from beginners to advanced students of knowledge.”
- ZamZam Academy: “ZamZam Academy was established in 2003 to help disseminate knowledge of the Islamic Sciences (such as Aqeedah, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, Tafseer, and Hadith) online.”
- Zaynab Academy Online: An online institute for women that offers degree courses in English and Urdu.
- Maryam Institute: An online institute for women that offers courses in English and Urdu.
- AlKauthar Institute: “The AlKauthar curriculum is divided into the following faculties: theology, jurisprudence, Quranic studies, Prophetic traditions, history, and personal development.”
- Rahmah Foundation: Rahmah Foundation offers free online courses on topics unique to Muslim women, including courses taught by Dr. Rania Awaad.
- Aqidah Tahawiyyah: This is a course Shaykh Hamzah Maqbul teaches on the Aqidah Tahawiyyah, a short text that details the essential creed of ahl-us-sunnah. Shaykh Hamzah’s SoundCloud has other great lectures as well.
- ZamZam Academy has multiple series on SoundCloud, including:
- Qalam Podcast: Multiple series from Qalam Institute, including:
- Safina Society Podcast with Dr. Shadee Elmasry.
- Nur Institute: Series and individual talks by Shaykh Tameem Ahmadi.
- Recorded lessons of Shaykh Salek Bin Siddina on aqidah, fiqh, and tafsir.
- Shaykh Yasir Qadhi’s popular Seerah series on Youtube.
- Yaqeen Institute Youtube channel: Multiple series and individual lectures, including The Faith Revival series.
- Various series by Dr. Hatem al-Haj, including fiqh and tazkiyyah.
- Yaqeen Institute for Islamic Research: Yaqeen Institute publishes research papers and articles on various topics including Islamic history, Islamophobia, and proofs of Islam.
- American Journal of Islam and Society: AJIS is a peer-reviewed journal published by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT). The journal was recently made open-access, and older content is being gradually uploaded online.
- IIIT Publications: In addition to AJIS, the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) publishes several books and journals in English and Arabic, many of which are available online for free.
- The Usuli: Articles on contemporary issues and the Islamic sciences, as well as on how to seek & disseminate Islamic knowledge.
Corpus.quran.com: An annotated linguistic resource which shows the Arabic grammar, syntax, and morphology for each word in the Holy Quran.
Almaany.com: Online dictionary including English-Arabic, Arabic-English, and other languages.
Sunnah.com: An online listing of the major books of Hadith, with texts provided in English and Arabic.
Du’a For Seeking Knowledge:
اللهم علمني ما ينفعني وانفعني بما علمتني وزدني علماً
Allahumma ’allimnii maa yanfa’uunii wanfa’nii bi maa ‘allamtanii wa zidnii ‘ilmaa
Oh Allah! Teach me that which is useful to me, and make useful for me what you have taught me, and increase me in knowledge.
اللهم إني أسألك فهم النبيين وحفظ المرسلين
Allahumma inii as’aluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa hifzal mursaleen
Oh Allah! I ask you for the understanding of the Prophets and the memory of the messengers.
اللهم لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلاً وأنت تجعل الحزن إذا شئت سهلاً
Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja’altahu sahla wa anta taj’alu al hazana idha shi’ta sahla
Oh Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy. If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.